bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am currently filling in a tax return. My wife and I have

Customer Question

I am currently filling in a tax return. My wife and I have been living in the Czech Republc during the last tax year. We have both been employees during this tax year. Under the foreign income section - is that applicable to us? Do we need to put our czech income ( salaries) as well?
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Firstly, when you left the UK did you both complete a Form P85 and send it to HMRC? If you did not you should do so immediately and you will find dealing with that Department much easier. Fortunately there is no time limit as to its submission, it is available on the web and can be filed on line. On receipt HMRC will classify you as non resident and your Czech earnings not subject to UK taxation and should not be declared on your self assessment tax return.

Once declared as non residents you may spend up to 91 days in the UK in any one tax year without infringing your non resident status.

I do hope that you find my reply of assistance.