How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3356
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i ask you about UK limited companies trading in Sweden_

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: Can i ask you about UK limited companies trading in Sweden_
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: who do you work for sorry?
Customer: are youin the or sweden?
JA: No. I'm the Accountant's Assistant.
Customer: ah ok
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: can you tell me when an IT Contractor from the UK working in Sweden through a UK limited Company needs to register the business in Sweden?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

The official Sweden site which you can find here:

gives the following advice:

'Your ticket to most aspects of life in Sweden is the personal identity number you’ll receive from the Swedish Tax Agency after arriving and registering. Also register with the Swedish Social Insurance Agency to have access to various benefits.'

The Local (Sweden's News in English) gives the following additional comment:

'Your UK company could also be liable for Swedish corporation tax. The reason being that it is a one-man company with all control being done in Sweden.'

You must take local professional advice on this. Remember with Britexit all this is up in the air and Sweden itself, according to the media, is not particularly happy with the EU either!

The UK has a Double Taxation Convention with Sweden which precludes the same company income stream being taxed in both jurisdictions, the tax levied in one country being allowed as a tax credit against any liability in the other. The Convention does not protect you from differences in rates of taxation.

I do hope that I have been able to shed some light on your intentions and shown you a way forward in this matter.