Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax

PearlJA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have

Customer Question

hi pearl
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I have a tax question
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: so I place bets for a friend of mine (i.e. he gives me the money) and he gives me a percentage of the value of the bets I place, plus a percentage of the winnings - could you tell me what the tax liability is
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  Tony Tax replied 5 months ago.
Hi. Can you tell me how this works in a bit more detail please. Do you place bets at more than one bookmaker on the same event for example? Is it up to you to find the best prices? Is this your full time job or do you have a regular job?