Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am a UK citizen,resident in the UK,I worked on the

Customer Question

I am a UK citizen,resident in the UK,I worked on the Norwegian Continental shelf until 30th Sept 2015 paying tax and NI to Norway,i then had a 2 week work period in Rotterdam,Netherlands for a repair job on rig,then on 1st Nov we started working in the Danish sector paying Danish Hydrocarbon tax.I have a Guernsey based employer. Will I have to pay any tax to the UK.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Firstly, are you an oil rig worker? I need to know this before I can advise you further.