bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Complicated situation. My husband and I sold a house. We

Customer Question

Hi there. Complicated situation. My husband and I sold a house. We have a good deposit. But he works offshore and no lender will take us with the current climate for our second property. We saw a house we liked. Lost it. My parents want to buy it with a view to transferring a mortgage minus our deposit to myself and my husband. Is this possible/legal? They want to give us the house when my husband secures a more stable position and to use the money to buy another property.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.
Before I can properly address your question I require some more information.
When you say you sold a house was it your sole or main domestic residence or a second home?
What do you mean my 'we have a good deposit?'
If your parents give you the house from whence will the moneys come to buy another property?