taxadvisor.uk
taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I am trying to transfer money from my boyfriends account in

Customer Question

I am trying to transfer money from my boyfriends account in TX to my account in MD and it's asking me for a non residential tax code. Can you help me????!!!!
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.
I am another UK based tax expert on Just Answer and I am happy to help you.
Please advise who is asking for a non residential tax code
Also, non residential tax code for which country?
Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clydesdale Bank. I guess? That's how I tried to transfer the funds from my boyfriends account in TX to my account in MD by using http://www.clyeonline.com/en/ibank. His name is***** and my name is***** So, I need the non residential tax code for USA
Hilda, thank you for your reply.
I have the following comments to make -
I have a bank account with Clydesdale bank in the UK. The website address you have given does not look right.
This is the link for Clydesdale Bank in the UK
http://www.cbonline.co.uk/
Furthermore, in the UK we don't use non residential tax codes when transferring money from one account to another or when transferring money internationally.
You have asked for a non redidential tax code for USA. There are a lot of scams around. MY advise to you is to make proper enquiries before you part company with hard earned money.
I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.
Please only rate my answer if it is acceptable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not my hard earned money. It's my boyfriends. He gave me everything from his Bank Account in a text message and he wants me to transfer some of his money into my bank account. He doesn't know my bank information.Please I need the Non Residential Tax Code as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the funds are being transferred from his Texas account in the US to my Maryland account in the US.

Where are you based?

I know when you want to transfer funds into other bank accounts within the USA, you need routing number and account number with payee details... I have transferred money within USA and never been asked for non-residential tax code.

Make sure it is not a scam.