Tony Tax
Tony Tax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I 't have a P60 from tax year 2004/2005. Can I get an

Customer Question

I don't have a P60 from tax year 2004/2005. Can I get an employment history for 2004/2005. If yes who do I have to contact please?
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  Tony Tax replied 1 year ago.
Hi.
Is it just pay and tax details that you need for 2004/05? Do you know how many different employers you had in that tax year? Why do you need this information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 employer. I need this information as supporting document for a citizenship application. I need the pay, tax, PAYE reference, employer name, start and end date of employment.
Expert:  Tony Tax replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
You really only have two options:
1 Contact the employer you worked for in the 2004/05 tax year and ask them for the information you need. They should be able to give you everything you need.
2 Contact HMRC on the number here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/income-tax-enquiries-for-individuals-pensioners-and-employees
They should be able to give you the pay and tax details, the PAYE reference and the employer name. The start and end dates may be a problem though they should be able to see when that employer first appeared on your record and when it came off.
Unless you can tell them the employer name, they may not give you the details over the phone but they will write to you. Have your national insurance number to hand when you call the tax office.
I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.