bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

How long does it take to tell me how much tax I

Customer Question

How long does it take for hmrc to tell me how much tax I owe?
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith one of the experts on Just Answer and happy to be able to assist you with your question. The answer to your question is, I regret, as long as the proverbial piece of string. It also depends upon when you filed your annual self assessment tax return. For example I submitted my own return in mid May and have heard not a cheep yet from HMRC although I do know I owe them a small sum of money. In 2014 I submitted same time and received HMRC's Form SA 302 [Self Assessment - Tax Calculation] dated 6 June. In 2013 I filed in mid May and did not receive HMRC's response until 20 June. The 2012 was 6 June and the 2011 2 June, but I have had their response as late as 12 August. Things have speeded up in recent years. I do hope that I have been able to shed some light on your question.