bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am formulating a question regarding fiscal conventions between France-UK-Italy. The topi

Customer Question

I am formulating a question regarding fiscal conventions between France-UK-Italy. The topic I wish to discuss is double taxation.
I own property in London, which I plan to rent. I own property in France, which I rent. I live in London. I am a non-dom resident.
My plan is to move to a new property in Italy,that I plan to renovate. Will the Italian tax authority require to pay tax on my worldwide asset if I live there year round?
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.
In many ways the Italian Tax system mirrors the UK's, if you spend more than 183 days in any one tax year in Italy you are liable to Italian Tax on your world wide income. Here is the advice of www.Worldwide-Tax.com:
'One of two tests must be passed to be considered an Italian resident: a life centered in Italy, or being registered in the Population Registry as living more than 183 days a year in Italy.'
so if you reside in Italy all the year round then you will be liable to Italian Income Tax. Remember that under the Double Taxation Conventions within the EU any tax paid in one country will be allowed as a tax credit on the same income stream in another so you do not get taxed twice on the income.
I do hope that my answer has been of assistance to you.