Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I AM A DIRECTOR OF TWO COMPANIES BUT I DO NOT DRAW A SALARY

I AM A DIRECTOR OF TWO COMPANIES BUT I DO NOT DRAW A SALARY FROM THEM. DO I ADD THEM TO "OTHER INFORMATION" IN MY TAX RETURN OR LIST THEM AS EMPLOYERS AND SHOW NO INCOME? THANKS

Hi

Thanks for your question and asking for me.

You can do either

I have a feeling that if you try and complete an employment page for each employment, using the HMRC online services for self assessment (if that's what you use) that the computer might reject a 0 (zero) in the salary field, as it would expect at least 1 (one)

But as long as you report the existence of the directorships and the fact there is a NIL salary position, this is the important thing.

Thanks