Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax

Hi I tried to open an amazon .de account in September this

Hi

I tried to open an amazon .de account in September this year and needed to form a limited company to prove that I have a company and can trade. They have rejected my application so I have filled in the paperwork with companies house as well as inform HMRC that I never traded. I have no business bank account or bought anything to sell, yet I am very worried and concerned. I just want to close the company down and forget about it.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question

You have followed all the correct requirements to have the company struck off, when a company has never traded, please advise what worries you?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I don't know I get stressed easily. I put so much effort into my application and having to terminate everything was so much harder than setting it up. I haven't been sleeping and just feel uneasy

Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

Hi

Thanks for your response

And I can understand, to put all that effort in, and not reach the goal in mind.

My advise (so that you can finally put your mind at rest) is to write to both companies house and HMRC, specifically stating that you have advised each of them that you never traded and set up a business bank account as the trade never commenced, and also advise in each letter that you completed DS01 for companies house (with date you sent this to them) and a letter to HMRC advising them to close the record (with date of that letter) and ask them to write back to you to clarify, this is all that is expected from you.

That way you have it in writing to settle this worry in your mind once and for all. Or I can provide appropriate telephone numbers to ring and clarify the position (but I feel a letter will give you more peace of mind)

Also let me know if you need any addresses.

Do let me know if you have any follow up questions, but if I could trouble you to take the time to rate the level of service I have provided (or click accept) it would be much appreciated, as this ensures I am paid by Just Answer.

Thanks

Sam, Accountant
Experience: 26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Thank-you for your quick response. I filled the DS01 form in yesterday and sent a covering letter explaining my situation the the HMRC , a copy of the DS01 form as well as all reports I could find on Amazon,de so that I can quickly close the matter and move on.

I never opened a business account because I was still waiting for approval which has been denied. I wanted to trade on Amazonde as a sole trader but they wouldn't let me because they require a certificate from companies house, which meant I had to set up a company, when I then uploaded the certificate they claimed it wasn't valid. In the meantime the HMRC sent me my tax number on a business that I couldn't even open.

I didn't invest in any stock or spend any monies except for Companies House.

Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

Hi

Thanks for your response

Then all you have done is sufficient to ensures closure of the limited company for HMRC and Companies house purposes.

Thanks