Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am a US citizen and I will be interning for a UK firm for

Customer Question

I am a US citizen and I will be interning for a UK firm for 6 months. I will be paid at a rate of (£30,000 per annum[pro-rated]). However, since I am also a EU citizen, I am allowed to work for this company without the need for visa sponsorship. I am wondering what are the tax implications for my case both for the UK and the US. Is it possible to get a breakdown of what I would be netting after any taxes/insurance? Would I have to pay additional taxes to the US as an expatriate. Moreover, could I work in the UK as a US citizen(instead of a EU citizen) since I will be here for less than 6 months, without getting visa sponsorship?
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question

We can answer the UK part for you, but you would need to consult with a USA tax expert as to how this would affect you, as we have no working knowledge of residency implications in the USA.

Would you like to proceed?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No , but thanks anyway
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

You are very welcome

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Wait, did i get charged?
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Hi

If you placed a deposit then yes, and if you wish this refunded then just follow this link to request this.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thanks