Tony Tax
Tony Tax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.

am i due a tax rebate. i am now unemployed.leaving date 12

am i due a tax rebate. i am now unemployed.leaving date 12 09 2013.national insurance num ys762358b tax to date 1638.37 i got made redundant in 13 o2 2012

Can you tell me what your gross pay was for the period 6 April 2013 to 12 September 2013 please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You said in your question that the figure of £1,638.37 was tax paid. I cannot work out if you are due a rebate unless you tell me what your gross pay was which is what I asked for in my last post.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

26 12 2012 2826.87 on the tax p45

If your earnings on the job you just left were £2,826 and you paid £1,638.37 in tax, then unless you have other sources of income such as another job or a pension for example, you will be overpaid and should get back all the tax paid.

If you think you will not work for the rest of the current tax year which ends on 5 April 2013, you can apply for an in year tax repayment by completing a form P50 and sending it to the tax office. However, if you are intending to register as unemployed to claim Jobseekers Allowance, this will affect your tax so you should not use the P50.

If the job you recently left was your only job and you don't receive a pension or another wage or salary, then there is clearly something wrong with your tax code and you should call the tax office on the number here to have it amended once you have signed on or started another job.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.