Hi Thanks for posting the question. Should you find the answer below incomplete or you are not fully answered, please drop a reply before rating.
Could you clarify the following points:
1. Was the Villa your main home then when you lived there 11 months each year.
2. Where you tax resident in Turkey during those 5 years?
3. When did you move to UK?
4. Where you in Turkey for work reasons?
5. Do you have any other property as main residence?
2. Yes, we both had tax nos. Both of us are retired. I, the husband, do not have any other house or flat, or villa, in either Turkey or the uk.. 3. We are still in Turkey awaiting the final sale of my wifes villa. 4. no both retired just living on my and my wifes pension. 5, no . .
Thanks for your reply. When did you live UK?
I see you are now offline. Anyway there is NO capital gains tax IF you’ve been abroad for at least five tax years, and YOU sell it before you return to the UK. If you come back within five tax years from the date of leaving UK, you may be end up paying capital gains tax in UK as well.
Hope this helps.
Hi, January 2008.