TEAP007
TEAP007, Tax Preparer
Experience:  Fully Trained Inspector of Taxes / District Inspector/ Team Leader/ Offshore Consultant/ 41 years
13931493

Dear , I have a Ltd Company registered

Customer Question

Dear , I have a Ltd Company registered in UK which deals in wholesale trading of scrap metals mainly related to Import/Export activity. The company is also registered for VAT. If I buy from UK supplier on Cost and Freight (CNF) terms at port, India. Are they suppose to charge VAT to my UK Company as they have exported the goods and the supply is taking place outside UK at India port. I have bought from two suppliers and both have not charged VAT as they have exported the goods and the supply actually takes place outside UK but one of the suppliers is having an enquiry on this. What I want to know is exact position on this and if I can take any confirmation from HMRC in terms of letter so that when I have to buy from UK at CNF terms it is accepted by any new supplier. Kind Regards, Ravi

Category: UK Tax
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 11 months ago.

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Lindie

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,

Rachel

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Dear Rachel,

If you can look for another expert to answer my query.

Kind Regards

Ravi

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Rachel

Hello again, :)

We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Lindie

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Dear Lindie,

You can cancel my question and do the needful for deposit refund.

Kind Regards,

Ravi