Ask an UK Tax Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hi Its MamaTax Here!
The main areas are:
1. to register your Charity with Charity Commission
2. And then register it with HMRC. Charities should apply to HMRC to be recognised as a charity for tax purposes – this allows you to pay less tax and claim gift aid on donations.
Charity Commission steps are clearly provided on their website link HERE.
Registering on HMRC website- follow this links for steps -HERE
However before you get to the steps above its worthy understanding whether what you are providing qualifies as a charity. The following links could assist you:
1. Find out if registering as a charity is the right thing to do by reading about charities HERE and what counts as a charitable cause.
2. Follow the Charity Commission’s guidance on registering a charity to make sure your application has the best chance of being accepted.
3. Read the charities and public benefit guidance.
Hope this helps.