taxadvisor.uk
taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I am planning to act as HMRC agent for a group of Companies.

I am planning to act as HMRC agent for a group of Companies. I have obtained the signatures from the Directors of the Holding (Parent) Company. The Subsidiaries are 100% owned by the Holding (Parent) Company and the Holding (Parent) Company is 100% shareholder and Director of the Company. How can I obtain the Authorisation to act as the agent of these subsidiary Companies in HMRC matters?

Hello, if you have any questions or need further clarification after reading my answer please let me know.

Thank you for your question.

You need to file a form 64-8 for each company as each compnay would have its own unique tax reference number.

If you need more information please let me know before you rate my service.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question. If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate the service I provided to ensure I get paid for it.

I am available for any follow up questions you may have, and you can use the reply button to post your follow up questions to the page.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks for your answer. Who will sign the 64-8 of the subsidiary Company as the Director is not a Human person but is the parent (holding) company

John, thank you for your reply.

A director of the parent company as authorised signatory would sign on behalf of the parent company.