Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax

I have a client who is british but has worked abroad for at

I have a client who is british but has worked abroad for at least the last 2 fiscal years and probably for the next 2 years as well.

She has built up a sum of money earned abroad that she wants to invest in the u.k.

Is there any tax charge on the capital investment when sent back to the u.k. if so what and where do I declare it

Thanks for your question

As long as the tax years in question, have seen this individual treated as not resident, then as this income was earned abroad during this period, there is NO tax implication with remitting this money to the UK. And this also does not need to be declared anywhere.