How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 13804
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a client who is british but has worked abroad for at

This answer was rated:

I have a client who is british but has worked abroad for at least the last 2 fiscal years and probably for the next 2 years as well.

She has built up a sum of money earned abroad that she wants to invest in the u.k.

Is there any tax charge on the capital investment when sent back to the u.k. if so what and where do I declare it



Thanks for your question


As long as the tax years in question, have seen this individual treated as not resident, then as this income was earned abroad during this period, there is NO tax implication with remitting this money to the UK. And this also does not need to be declared anywhere.





Sam and other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Tax Questions