Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

A U.S. Company wants to employ a man living in the U.K. to

A U.S. Company wants to employ a man living in the U.K. to represent them in the U.K. They want to pay all UK taxes due.

What would I need to do as a bookkeeper doing payroll?

Also do they need to comply with H&S, Holiday and other British regulations?

Hi

Thanks for your question

We can advise on the tax side of matters, but the rest falls under employment law so is not with accountancy/HMRC remit. Would you still like to proceed?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sam

Yes I would still like to proceed.

Veronica

Hi Veronica

Thanks for the response

You will need to contact HMRC Employers team to set up a direct payment scheme, which will allow this individuals salary to be paid through PAYE (also now RTI - Real Time information) so the tax and National Insurance are deducted appropriately.

The contact details are

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/payerti/getting-started/register.htm

And the employers name and address will be the same as the employee himself, as in essence he becomes a branch within the UK for the USA company.

Then you just operate PAYE as normal, and as a UK individual they certainly would have to meet UK employment law requirements

I have also added a link for the holiday pay position

Holiday entitlement https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/entitlement

But as for the rest, there is an employment law forum within Just Answer, so do post a further question there and they will be able to assist you.

If you have any follow up questions regarding the tax side of matters, then please do ask, and if in the meantime, I could trouble you to rate the level of service I have provided, it would be appreciated, as this ensures Just Answer pay me !

Thanks