taxadvisor.uk
taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I have been working since March for a company,the previous

Customer Question

I have been working since March for a company,the previous company I worked for went bust I obtained a P60 from my new employers,what information and figures should be on that P60,my whole previous tax years earnings or just my earnings from March as my previous earnings cannot be established..

Thanks
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 3 years ago.

Hello, if you have any questions or need further clarification after reading my answer please let me know.

Thank you for your question..

P60 should show Pay and Income Tax details for the tax year covering

-previous employment(s)

- this employment

- total for year

You would have been given a P45 when you left your previous company to join the new employer.

If you need more information please let me know before you rate my service.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question. I am available for any follow up questions you may have, and you can use the reply button to post your follow up questions to the page. If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate the service I provided to ensure I get paid for it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately I was,nt given a P45 or any other information from the dissolved company.My current employer has given me a P60 with current earnings from March of when I started as details could not be verified.

Is this correct and acceptable under the circumstances.

Thanks.

Paul, thank you for your reply.

You must have some payslips from your previous employer before the company was dissolved.

In order to establish your total earnings for the tax year you may have to resort to payslips (showing gross earnings and deductions) plus your earnings as shown on P60.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

I did not keep any payslips from my old employer,

Thanks

Paul, thank you for your reply.

The only other way to ascertain what you earned from your previous employer is to seek help from the Tax Office. You will have to provide them with sufficient information to enable them to help you. e.g.

- dates of employment

- date of leaving the employer

- employer name and business address

- PAYE tax reference

I am sorry I can't be anymore helpful. You need basic information to ascertain what your earnings were from your previous employment.

HMRC helpline details are here

http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/contactus/view.page?record=hpkspulskxM

Hi Paul

I notice you have viewed my latest response to your original question on what information and figures should be shown on P60 etc (Customer Last Viewed on 7/16/2013 at 1:07 PM).

Just checking to see if you have any issues relating to your question that I may not have addressed. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate the service I provided to ensure I get paid for it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

How would the tax office know what I have earn,t ect,I do not have a PAYE reference from my old company,

Regards

Paul, if you give the tax office basic information you have they may be able to link it to that employer and give you what information they hold pertaining to your employment with that employer.

I think we have exhausted all avenues.