Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)

I have a trading loss this year but have not paid any corp

I have a trading loss this year but have not paid any corp tax. Do I put a negative value in ac34?

If so I won't balance unless I create a debtor on the balance sheet for the same amount

Hello, if you have any questions or need further clarification after reading my answer please let me know.

Thank you for your question...

Is this your first year of reporting?

Box AC34 covers taxation provison .. as there is a trading loss, you should leave Box AC34 blank unless you expect to receive a refund from HMRC. If that is the case then you should put a negative figure and also show it as a debtor in the balance sheet.

If you need more information please let me know before you rate my service.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question. I am available for any follow up questions you may have, and you can use the reply button to post your follow up questions to the page. If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate the service I provided to ensure I get paid for it. and other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you