Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

My father in law had a business which he was advised by a LLP

Customer Question

My father in law had a business which he was advised by a LLP to set up a Funded Unregulated Retirement Benefit (FURB) scheme and charged him a large amount of money. He declared everything in his tax returns and the HMRC have sent him a letter that in essence said that they do not believe the scheme was valid. He has gone back to the LLP that came up with the scheme and they are not assisting him with challenging the HMRC. What are his options
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Lindie

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still need assistance

Thank you, we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Lindie

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find another professional to assist you. Would you like me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for me to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I would still like an answer, also I have another question which appears to have been locked and I do not know why, please can you tell me why

I'm sorry to say we have exhausted all our efforts at this time to find the right professional to assist you with your question.

While we were not able to assist you with this question, please keep in mind that JustAnswer has multiple categories, from Cars, Medical, Law, and Computer to Home Improvement, to assist you with any question you may need answered.

Best,

Lindie