Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

HI SAM. I AM COMPLETING A P11D FOR OUR DIRECTORS AND THEY

HI SAM. I AM COMPLETING A P11D FOR OUR DIRECTORS AND THEY ONLY HAVE ALLOWABLE EXPENSES AND NO BENEFITS IN KIND. THERE ARE THEREFORE NO CLASS 1A PAYMENTS TO MAKE. DO I STILL NEED TO SUBMIT A P11D (b)?

Hi

Thanks for your question

What allowable expenses are these - just mileage within the HMRC rates or something else? As you may still have to submit P11ds for the directors to make S336 claims, and Class 1A may still be due

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The expenses are fuel for the company vans, paying suppliers and some office expenses. No mileage claims.

Hi

Thanks for your response

Then these must be declared on the P11d, as these are expenses that the directors have paid out of their own pocket and been reimbursed for, and the P11d has to be submitted and then a S336 claim made detailing that these should be exempt from tax as they were incurred wholly and exclusively in the performance of their duties.

So enter the costs in Box N (so no Class1A liability) see P11d notes http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/guidance/p11dguide.pdf

Thanks

Hi

So yes NIL P11db needs submitting too

Thanks