Tony Tax
Tony Tax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.

Hi, my name isXXXXX i will leave nwxt month

Customer Question

Hi, my name isXXXXX i will leave nwxt month from UK, can i get back my tax? how to i claim my tax money?
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  Tony Tax replied 3 years ago.

You may be able to get back some of the tax you have paid as an employee since 6 April 2013. This will depend on how much you have earned and how much tax you have paid. You should complete a P85 before you leave the UK and send it to the tax office. The tax office will work out your tax position and repay any tax overpaid.

If your income between 6 April 2013 and when you leave the UK is £9,440 or less, you will be entitled to repayment of all the tax you have paid between those dates.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your advice.

I was working since June 2010, So what will hapepen to tax before 6th April 2013.

Is there anyway to claim that tax amount before 6th of April 2013.

K Nisanthan

Expert:  Tony Tax replied 3 years ago.

You cannot claim back tax you paid before 6 April 2013 I'm afraid. I'm not aware of any country which allows foreigners to come in, earn money, pay taxes, use services and then claim back all the tax they paid when they leave and the UK is no different.