taxadvisor.uk
taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Hi there, What is the process or what it should be done

Hi there,

What is the process or what it should be done for two companies to be merged.

Any information or advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Irina

Hello, if you have any questions or need further clarification after reading my answer please let me know.

Thank you for your question ...

Are the businesses running complementary activities?

Why do you wish to merge?

Many thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there,

Thank you for your quick reply.

There are two companies.

One is registered as a College or Training Institute and the other one is a company which provides business services, such as assisting commercial clients with registration of their medical products and devices with the government authorities.

The company is not running any complimentary services.

Once the merger is completed, the companies want to continue to offer services to clients both in the UK and overseas as well as one division of the company will provide training services to the clients and their staff.

Many thanks,

Irina

Irina, thank you for your reply..

It is possible to merger the two companies. You will form another company that would be a holding company and these companies would become wholly owned subsidiaries of the parent.

Each company will carry out its own activities like present and have its own clients and territories of operation.

I advise you to seek a meeting with a qualified accountant in practice who can guide you with the process in detail and also advise you on tax implications.

If you need more information please let me know before you rate my service.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question. I am available for any follow up questions you may have, and you can use the reply button to post your follow up questions to the page. If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate the service I provided to ensure I get paid for it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there,

Thank you for your quick reply...

It is possible you to point me to a qualified accountant in practice who can guide me with the process in detail and also advise me on tax implications?

Many Thanks,

Irina

Irina, thank you for your reply.

JustAnswer rules do not allow me to recommend one.

I suggest you google and look for qualified ACA or ACCA in your area. Make an appointment to see one and discuss your requirements and scenario in detail. It is quite likely they may not charge for initial consultation.

I am happy to take fresh questions you may have in future if you were to request for me to answer.

Irina, thank you for accepting my answer.

Your bonus is greatly appreciated.

if I can be of any help in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me here by requesting that I answer your question within the foot of the question.

Good luck