taxadvisor.uk
taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based)
54961312

Hello can Some-one help me im filing Ct600 and have come stuck

Customer Question

Hello can Some-one help me im filing Ct600 and have come stuck on filling in on statuary accounts notes tangible assets ive added box AC44 & AC44 off balance sheet and inputted into AC125 as an addition and nothing in the other boxes and box AC132 comes to the exact figure of AC44+AC45 but i get the red boxes saying the figure should be as per balance sheet
Any help would be great-full
Many Thanks Allan
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.

Hello, if you have any questions or need further clarification after reading my answer please let me know.

Thank you for your question...

Please advise what your additions were in the year if any as box AC125 covers additions in total and figures in this box come from other boxes .

Box AC44 is the total Net Book value of tangible assets.

please advise what figures are being input into boxes AC44 and AC45

I am here to help you.. I await more information..

Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello

In Box AC45 the figure is 1848.00 for assets purchased in my year ending October 2011

In Box AC44 the figure is 1994.00 for assets purchased in my year ending

october 2012

Many Thanks Allan

Allan, thank you for your reply...

First of all, if you have purchased additional assets to the value of £1,994 in the y/e 31 Oct 2012, then box AC44 should show a total of

AC45 = 1,848

Additions = 1,994

Depn = not advised

AC44 (1,848+1994-depn) = 3,842

If on the other hand the figure of £1,994 is the net book value at end Oct 2012 then this figure will appear in box AC44. In that case

please advise additions in the year

Depreciation charge for the year ended Oct 2012

many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello there still having problems

Box AC45 Shows 1848 As above (input)

Box AC44 Shows 3256 (input) (1848 + 1994 - 586.00(depn)

Box AC124 Shows 1848(input)

Box AC125 Shows 1994 (input)

Box AC127 Shows 3842 (calc)

Box AC 129 Shows 586 (input)

Box AC 131 Shows 586 (calc)

Box AC 132 shows 3256 (calc)

Box AC 133 Shows 1848 Calc)

any help will be much appreciated

Alan, thank you for additional information..

We are nearly there

I have assumed category of tangible assets as Office equipment

You say end of last year the net book value of tangible assets was 1,848 (box AC45)

Please substitute figures if different once you input depreciation charge for last year.

Once you have input your figures as below

BALANCE SHEETBox No.This yearBox No.Last year
TANGIBLE ASSETSAC443,256AC451,848

STATUTORY ACCOUNTS NOTES
TANGIBLE ASSETS - OFFICE EQUIPMENTBox No.This year
COST
AT 1 NOV 2011AC124D1,848
ADDITIONSAC125D1,994
AT 31 OCT 2012 - calculatedAC127D3,842
DEPRECIATION
AT 1 NOV 2011AC128D0
CHARGE FOR YEARAC129D586
AT 31 OCT 2012 - calculatedAC131D586
NET BOOK VALUE
AT 31 OCT 2012 - calculatedAC132D3,256
AT 31 OCT 2011 - calculatedAC133D1,848

This bottom table should flow from the above table

TANGIBLE ASSETS - TOTAL comes from Office EquipmentBox No.This year
COST
AT 1 NOV 2011AC1241,848
ADDITIONSAC1251,994
AT 31 OCT 2012AC1273,842
DEPRECIATION
AT 1 NOV 2011AC1280
CHARGE FOR YEARAC129586
AT 31 OCT 2012AC131586
NET BOOK VALUE
AT 31 OCT 2012AC1323,256
AT 31 OCT 2011AC1331,848

Box AC133 agrees with Boc AC45

Box AC132 agrees with Box AC44

There should be no error message ....

If you need more information please let me know before you rate my service.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question. I am available for any follow up questions you may have, and you can use the reply button to post your follow up questions to the page. If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate the service I provided to ensure I get paid for it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there sorry for the delay i got busy with other works i have filled out as per your instruction (which i agree with but i still have the same message come up saying that the figure should match with the tangible fixed asset value (which it does Values in box 44 and 132 are the same the only difference is when i am inputting the boxes are marked with a E next to them not a D as you state

Many Thanks Allan (if this all goes well you will definitely be getting a 5 star rating

Allan, thank you for your reply..

If your tangible assets are plant and machinery, then you should input in

Boxes AC 124E onwards and not AC124D onwards as these cover Office equipment..

The totals will roll into the page headed tangible assets - Total

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there ive checked this and made sure the figures in D are 0 and also deselected option ABCDF on the selection page also tried putting in D and nothing in E (i know its wrong but trying to get past stage and narrow down options)

Thanks Allan

Allan, thank for your reply.

Please keep me updated...

many thanks

Allan, you should select the following checkboxes only in the section Tangible assets under Statutory Accounts Notes (page following Balance sheet continued) ...

Tangible assets

Plant and machinery

Hi Allan

I hope you have been able to make Statutory Accounts Notes – tangible assets page figures agree with the Balance Sheet boxes AC44 and AC45. I notice you have viewed latest response to your original question (Customer Last Viewed on 6/25/2013 at 5:32 AM).

Just checking to see if you have any issues relating to your question that I may not have addressed. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate the service I provided to ensure I get paid for it.