How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 13778
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear XXXXX I have a client who is self employed and has a

This answer was rated:


I have a client who is self employed and has a van and a car used for business. Is it acceptable to claim mileage on one vehicle and direct costs and capital allowances on the other?

Thank you





Thanks for your question


Yes it is, as they are separate vehicles, just be aware that when a method is chosen (whether the mileage or actual method for each vehicle) that it has to be claimed that way for that vehicle, every tax year (and a change over can only occur when that vehicle is replaced)




Sam and other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you