Tony Tax
Tony Tax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I just created a company, but forgot to add 3 people as share

I just created a company, but forgot to add 3 people as share holders so now there is only one.
the company is now incorporated and I want to add 3 more shareholders or issue 3 more shares…
Can those shareholders I know create get dividends like the first one or do they have to now wait a year ?
Thanks...
Hi.

As soon as you have added the extra shareholders to the list of shareholders held by Companies House, you can pay them dividends so long as the company makes a profit.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

companies house say it takes until the next filing of accounts or did I miss understand that ?

are you saying as soon as we issue shares they should add them ?

Take a look at the notes here. The documents can be sent to Companies House at the same time as the annual return but there is nothing to stop you sending them before then. So long as the paperwork is in order and the shares have been issued, the payment of dividends is covered.
You've paid twice. Since the second question was just a follow up on the same topic, you might contact just answer to have one fee refunded.