TaxVince
TaxVince, Accountant
Experience:  Chartered Accountant >20 years + Qualified IFA
68927923

my wife and I are both pensioners. her pension each month is

my wife and I are both pensioners. her pension each month is more than twice mine, and she pays 40% tax on a part of her pension, whilst I only pay standard rate tax. Is there any way she could tranfer some of her income to me so that collectively we reduce our tax burden?

MamaTax :

Hi Its MamaTax Here!

MamaTax :

Thanks for the question.

MamaTax :

Im afraid there is no way you transfer her pension to you inorder to reduce your overall tax bill. However if you have other income like investments, property income etc - those can be easily transferred to you.

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX was asking!

MamaTax :

Thanks. Let me know if you have any other comments that i can address.

MamaTax :

Are you still there? If you have no further question, i would be happy if you could rate the question before you go. Thanks

MamaTax :

I will log off now since. However should you feel you need further questions answered please let me know. If you have no further questions, i would be happy if you could rate the question before you go. Thanks