How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxVince Your Own Question
TaxVince, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 965
Experience:  Chartered Accountant >20 years + Qualified IFA
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
TaxVince is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I input the wrong amount for a dividend payment on my self

This answer was rated:

I input the wrong amount for a dividend payment on my self assessment on the 31st January 2013 and want to correct it. What is the best way forward and is HMRC going to fine me etc. what can i expect?

MamaTax :

Hi Its MamaTax Here!

MamaTax :

You have got 12 months from 31 January after the end of the tax year to correct or amend it ie for your 31 January 2013 online tax return you have up until 31 January 2014 to amendment it without any issues with HMRC.

MamaTax :

You just need to log into your Self Assessment online account, go to the 'at a glance' page and choose the option to amend your tax return.

MamaTax :

Hope this helps.

TaxVince and 2 other UK Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Tax Questions