taxadvisor.uk
taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I have been getting PGO tax paid into my account for 12 months

I have been getting PGO tax paid into my account for 12 months now, i cannot find out where it is coming from . the bank cant tell me either. could someone please advise me where it is from. regards Julie

Please advise if you are in receipt of any incapacity benefits/allowance or have you applied for it in the past? Were you in civil service or worked for armed forces?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No not in the armed forces , im on no benefits, but my husband gets incapacity benefit we have a joint account. his incapacity benefit gets paid into the same account

Thank you for your response.

PGO stands for Paymaster General Office

My advice to you is to contact Office of HM Paymaster General and the contact details can be found here

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/DG_10012152

You should quote the reference number shown with the payment and see if they can throw any light.

If you need more information please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

none of the numbers on the web site exist

I have called 0870(###) ###-####and the message I am getting is "please hold for the next available administrator".

You may wish to drop them an email and the email address is on that link OR write to them and retain a copy for your files.