taxadvisor.uk
taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

What allowances and benefits can a women apply for when pregnant

What allowances and benefits can a women apply for when pregnant in the UK? .How back dated can these allowances and benefits be and how much difference does it make if she is living with a partner/married or single.

Hello, if you have any questions or need further clarification after reading my answer please let me know.

Some allowances and reliefs are available whilst pregnant and other come into play once the child is born ... The marital status does not make difference in these allowances and reliefs unless they are means tested. You will find more information on "Maternity and paternity benefits and leave" here

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/maternity-paternity-leave-benefits.aspx

If you need more information please let me know.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question. I am available for any follow up questions you may have, and you can use the reply button to post your follow up questions to the page. If you are satisfied with the answer please press the ACCEPT button when you close this chat, to ensure I get paid. Thank you