How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: UK Tax
Satisfied Customers: 13699
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your UK Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

do i have to pay council tax when living with my parents

Customer Question

do i have to pay council tax when living with my parents
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question


The property is charged the council tax - and incorporates all members that live in that property - so you do not incur your own charge in you live in the same residence as your parents -


The only time this may occur - if there is a separate dwelling attached to this property - such as an annex or basement flat that has its own entrance





Related UK Tax Questions