How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nick H Your Own Question
Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor
Category: UK Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 102
Experience:  Ten year qualified Solicitor
Type Your UK Property Law Question Here...
Nick H is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I approached my local planning department regarding

Customer Question

I approached my local planning department regarding replacing in part and erecting a new fence to complement existing fences at 2m. Now a neighbour has put in a complaint and I need to apply for retrospective permission as part of the fence is behind a laurel hedge next to a highway. Please advise
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sorry - UK - Telford & Wrekin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The planning department have none of the original records on file except for their badly worded letter, but a neighbours complaint has resulted in the council sending me an 'alleged unauthorised erection of a fence
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: In a discussion with the building officer although sympathetic that I sought advice (3 years ago) took the high-line that there was nothing on file and therefore must be a misunderstanding on my part
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Nick H replied 8 days ago.
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Related UK Property Law Questions