Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

How much do you charge? are able to work on UK queries?

Customer Question

How much do you charge?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: are able to work on UK queries?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is this automated?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

My name is ***** ***** do you have a legal quetsion for us?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you call me?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you aware of UK laws?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will pay pay you £49only if you tell me something I don't know already! I'm not sure you can help me really!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
8397
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

I would prefer to have some idea of what you need to know so that I can be certain i can help you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hence the interaction!
I Have a nightmare neighbour.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She has requested to split the garden. I payed for her legal fees to do so and still waiting for her to respond. She is the reason my last sale fell through!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Ok

Could you explain a little more about what has happened?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have the share of freehold with my neighbour. She requested a split of the garden with the new buyers. The sale fell through because she decided to turn on music at full level and sing top of her her voice when the new buyers came to measure the garden. She is sabotaging my sale, but the request to split the garden was her request! She's being difficult! She doesn't like me! The buyers looked in to her background and somehow found out she can be be a nightmare!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She won't sign the papers for garden. Until she does that I'm scared to put flat up for sale.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can we speak quickly this eve about it???
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

I cannot call tonight

but to ensure I understand.

Have you had problems with your neighbour in the past

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
as have other neighbours. She's an attention seeker and also is diagnosed with mental problems and she's on a prescription drugs.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

So you reported that you had neighbour problems on the sale forms

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. It wasn't an option. I fell out with her and she made it clear she hates me. She plays her music very loud and burns things once a month in the garden. She's nightmare but not in a way that I show anything. I cant report her as that will affect my sale. Neighbours have though. She's a clever woman! And doing everything she can do hurt me personally!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

How long ago did you agree the division of the garden?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Must be coming up to a month now.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

So relatively recent then.

In fact the question of problem neighbours is a standard one - so you need to report this.

Do you actually wish to agree to split the garden?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The split of the garden was her decision. The new buyers went along with it but they were not happy with how she wanted the split as it was unfairly divided in her favour. When the sale fell through after she made it clear that she is psychotic to the new buyers, I decided to continue with the split to keep her involvement to a minimum when I want to sell again. I didn't want the split but as I have already paid her solicitors fees and she is proving to be a nightmare at every turn I thought it was best. She is now just sitting on this and not signing just to be annoying and because she knows she can!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Who did you pay the fees to - her solicitors or her directly?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I paid it to my solicitor who in turn paid hers as he or the neighbour wouldn't move forward with anything unless I did. They gave me no choice and knowing I would be paying she decided to split the garden. It's actually my solicitor that has done all the work so her guy got paid for doing nothing! Now she just won't sign. Btw. This sale process statrted in June. Marcia the neighbour took her time at every step.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

When was payment actually sent to her solicitors?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Around the end of July.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

That is unacceptable

Do you really need it to be split to get a sale?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Because the neighbour will have to eventually sign the handover of the lease she will probably ask again to have the split with any new buyers. So we could end up going through this whole process again if the new buyers agree to it. I'm trying to avoid her involvement as much as possible for when I sell.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Are you willing to pull out of the garden division instead?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think if I don't split now she could end up making another sale fall through with her taking months every time she has to do anything. It at keast takes the choice away from buyer and means she has less involvement.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Sorry I mean how important to a sale is the division of the garden - can you not simply sell with the garden as it is?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can yes! But as I keep repeatedly saying she will only come back and ask to split the garden again and again when it comes to her having to sign the documents to handover the lease. Because she is involved in having to sign one piece of documentation, she will bring it up again if its not sorted this time around. She can cause answer sale to fall through because she is very reluctant to sign anything when she does not have her way. Now that she does have her way, she is just sitting on it because can!! She has been delaying the sale process at very possible turn and caused it to fall through!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Is she the Freeholder?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As I mentioned on Dec 1st, we own the share of freehold together! She has to co-sign everything which is where the problem lies!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not sure this is helping really! I seem to be repeating myself a lot!