Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

I need some basic help in proving that 2 properties i have

Customer Question

I need some basic help in proving that 2 properties i have are B2L properties. I have a now defunct TMB Ten to Let (B2L) portfolio mortgage vehicle, taken out in 2003, that has two properties in it. I am doing some financial planning with my IFA and he needs to prove that the two properties are both on a B2L mortgages.I do not have all the paperwork as it was lost years ago. I havespoken to TMB and they will take two weeks to get the information. Is there anything I can send that would satisfy an underwriter - for example a letter from a solicitor explaining it is a B2L mortgage?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 11 days ago.

I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I have been asked to look at this for you.

Its most unusual for a financial adviser to want advice that properties are buy to let. Usually, it is the other way round and they want proof that one particular house is a private residence.

It is up to the underwriter of any new finance what they will accept as buy to let evidence but if the solicitors acted on the two properties will let you have a letter, at this stage in time, it’s probably going to be the only thing that you could get that would satisfy the enquiry if you cannot get anything from the Mortgage Business

I’m not certain whether that answers the question for you or not but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this

Please do not forget to rate my answer service positively. If you do not rate it positively, I do not get paid credit for my time today.

You may get the impression that the thread closes after rating but it does not, it remains open and I can still answer any points arising from this.

Kind regards

Stuart.