Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I want to know what courts will allow landlord to charge me

Customer Question

I want to know what courts will allow landlord to charge me if I break agreement
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: I am in Uk
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the lawyer to go over that information with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him or her to know?
Customer: Yes I have agreed to pay 6 months rent in advance and 6 weeks deposit but have neither paid nor moved in yet--The agent wont let me speak to landlord for me to terminate even though I offered to pay 4 weeks rent to do so
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I want to know if I do not pay and walk away what is the maximum costs I may have to pay if landlord sues
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: What next?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 17 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What type of tenancy agreement do you have please?