propertylawyer
propertylawyer,
Experience:  Solicitor at Bonnetts
94563951

Second opinion] - Property Lawyers) Following on from

Customer Question

Second opinion] - Hello (Property Lawyers)
Following on from questions to the Family Law team, here is my property question.
Myself and ex jointly own a house on land (both on mortgage and land title). TIC ie original joint tenancy severed (A)
Immediately next door to that, is a separate land title that we jointly own - 'joint tenants' not TIC. It is not mortgaged, we own it outright as we bought it for cash (B)
My question is, what is involved in altering the ownership documentation of (A) so that there is a shared drive created enabling motor vehicle access to B? Would this be some kind of easement and how does creation and maintenance of the drive generally get documented? What is the way to amend the ownership documents of A and at the Registry.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 22 days ago.

I have stated that you need to draft up a deed of easement to secure the right of access over land a. you make it conditional upon contributing to maintenance and repair.

You register the deed of easement at the land registry it is sent with form AP1 and the appropriate fee.

It is also straight forward to transfer ownership, you need for TR1 to record the transfer and that is sent to the Land Registry with form AP1 and the appropriate fee.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thanks.
Can I clarify, where you mention transfer of ownership - does this require a conveyancing lawyer or is it easy enough for people to do unassisted?
And in the deed, would you see a need for consideration - would that need to be stated as divorce settlement as consideration?