Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor
Experience:  Ten year qualified Solicitor
96516752

I used to own to 2 Flats in a building comprising of 3

Customer Question

Hi I used to own to 2 Flats in a building comprising of 3 Flats. Each of the Flats also has freehold. I now own 1 of the flats which I rent and the other flat has been sold by the Mortgage company as leasehold to a new buyer but I still retain the freehold.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: I am in the united Kingdom England. My question is If I am the Majority Freeholder a 1 third lease holder do I get to decide how the block is managed and who is appointed to manage the property. As one of the flat owners has done this and is trying charge me £1800 for up keep charges and maintenance?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: A person claiming to represent a leaseholder and a freeholder of a Flat has approached lawyers reclaim Costs they believe will be required to carry out work which has not yet been undertaken?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to try and understand what my rights are as I fell I should have had a say in the Properties maintenance as a majority Freeholder and part leaseholder
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Nick H replied 1 month ago.

Hello - Do you have a copy of the letter that you can send me?