Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor
Experience:  Ten year qualified Solicitor

My question is in relation to renting a 4 bedroom property

Customer Question

My question is in relation to renting a 4 bedroom property in uk ( North Wales ) can i rent my 4 bedroom house to two family's with out breaking the law ? the property has 4 bedrooms, two bathrooms, but the two family's that want to rent know each other very well and they want to live as one family. Thank you.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Nick H replied 13 days ago.

Hello - you have a legal right to charge money for rent no problem

Expert:  Nick H replied 8 days ago.

There are a few points that maybe be of issue, however. If you have a mortgage on the property does it allow rental.

The adults in both families must all sign the tenancy agreement and be jointly and severely liable. This means they will each be responsible for the full rent if other do not pay.

Are there any other points you would like to raise. If not then your 5 start rating is much appreciated.