Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law

We bought a former council depot with a restrictive covenant

Customer Question

We bought a former council depot with a restrictive covenant in 2009. Planning consent was granted by same council in 2014.All the changes have taken place inside the building outwardly all remains exactly as it was they are now demanding an extra £17,000 for the property
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: UK Property Law
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
We were not aware of the covenant until 2 hours before signing on the day at solicitors office .The original advert for the property has no mention of a covenant attached Due to circumstances in my partners health we had to sell our old home it was only then that we applied for and were successful with planning application
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 29 days ago.

I assume this covenant restricts/prohibits development. Do you have a copy of the title?

Your solicitor left it very late to advise you of the presence of the covenant. Were you advised in writing? , were you advised, again in writing, about the implications and potential 'solutuons'?

What are you looking to achieve?