Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have a judgement for £3055 for rent arrears which the

Customer Question

I have a judgement for £3055 for rent arrears which the tenant did not dispute. She agreed to pay £100 on top of rent to clear it. Since January the arrears has increased by £2590.53. When I went to court today the Judge ordered we meet in two weeks for myself to produce a witness statement of truth and figures of exact rent arrears. This was because the tenant got an on duty solicitor to dispute the figure. I made the claim via possessions online and therefore had statement schedule since the judgement and the form N119 has a statement of truth at the end. Due to it being online my signature is just printed.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What would you like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a judgement for £3055 for rent arrears which the tenant did not dispute. She agreed to pay £100 on top of rent to clear it. Since January the arrears has increased by £2590.53. When I went to court today the Judge ordered we meet in two weeks for myself to produce a witnessstatement of truth and figures of exact rent arrears. This was because the tenant got an on duty solicitor to dispute the figure. I made the claim via possessions online and therefore had statement schedule since the judgement and the form N119 has a statement of truth at the end. Due to it being online my signature is just printed.I have successfully issued a section 8 before and was told as long as the tenant was 8 weeks in arrears the Judge had to make the order. I have the rental schedule and the tenant did not dispute it. Can I write to the court to adjust the claim to possession only? I can claim the outstanding rent arrears at a later date, I just want the property back.

Yes I understand. I am not sure what you are asking though?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
On the form N119 is the statement of truth the same as a witness statement. The judge said I needed to provide a witness statement?If I had all the figures proving the tenant was over 8 weeks in arrears proved by a previous judgement should not the possession order been given even if the tenant claimed she did no owe that much?Can I write to the court asking them to adjust my claim for possession and rent arrears, to possession only so I can get the order? I can chase the increase rent arrears at a later date.

What was the exact wording of the court order please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will have it in the morning it needed to be typed up. The judge said I will get a copy but basically he stated we needed to have exact figures for the rent arrears to date. That is the reason I want to drop the rent arrears part of the claim and just go for possession. I have the judgement for proof of the rent arrears being over 8 weeks. I have to pop out for 40 minutes when do you finish for today?

Sure. I need to know what it says.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok so I will let you know in the morning

Sure.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Jamie,I went to the court today to get a copy of the order the judge made but was told I have to wait until it is typed up. They said it will be typed today and I should receive it by the end of the week. Is this ok?

Sure.