Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I own a leasehold apartment. The managing agency of the

Customer Question

I own a leasehold apartment. The managing agency of the building is requesting service charge and ground rent on behalf of a dissolved company, can we take them to court? in the past they have failed to provide evidence of usage of money and to maintain the building. Now they are requesting money for external redecoration while the internal one paid in 2013 is still incomplete. what ground do we have to have them removed?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Naveed Khan replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your query.

Do you have any paperwork with the agency which deals with your obligations and that of the agency?

Regards

Naveed

Are you there? please reply

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the agency is appointed by the freeholder not by me. my lease states that I have the obbligation to pay the service charge and ground rent, but does not state to whom.my point is around acting on behalf of a dissolved company, not if I have to pay or not.thanks