Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

If a person applied permission residential flats next door

Customer Question

if a person applied for planning permission for 4 residential flats next door to a licensed nightclub would they have to submit a noise report with their application?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 5 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive

A noise survey and report will normally be required at the application stage or once planning permission has been granted. It would be required in the circumstances that you describe; namely, where the proposed development will be sensitive to noise and is likely to be affected by existing noise sources. For example, a housing development near to a busy road, railway or commercial activity. Or as in your case a nightclub. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you