Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, solicitor Advocate
Experience:  award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience

I own a leasehold flat in London which is the top floor flat

Customer Question

I own a leasehold flat in London which is the top floor flat in a 6 storey building. The flat has got access to a large terrace via 4 doors, and no other flat can access the terrace. Given the terrace is very windy, I would like to utilize the space by building a conservatory on the terrace. Is that possible without having to extend my boundaries?
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 4 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

You would need to get the permission of the freeholder and also determine that this terrace solely forms part of your demised property. Otherwise you would also need the consent of all of the other parties who retain an interest in the terrace. Very happy to answer any additional questions but please rate positive. Thanks

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you