Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

We have lived in our 3-bedroomed 'semi' since we were

Customer Question

We have lived in our 3-bedroomed 'semi' since we were married 52 years ago. The property is in the Fenham disrtict in Newcastle upon Tyne and the street and all the houses in it were built in the mid-1930s. The covenants on all the houses include a prohibition on the erection of additional buildings on the site apart from a garden shed or summerhouse worth less than £50 (i.e. about £2k in today's prices).
JA: The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am already in touch with a litigation lawyer re the neighbour's house extension which his builder (a known dodgy fellow) has constructed carelessly, causing an encroachment on to our land. Can he deal with the 'bungalow' type structure 12' x 25' which he is building at the back of his garden (without planning permission but on planning officer's advice that it's OK provided he calls it a garden shed!!!) Can I use the same lawyer for this matter, too, please? It's all costing me a lot of money and my funds are limited. Help!
JA: Is there anything else the Property Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: The whole area used to be part of the Blackett-Ord estates and I understand that the trustees- or whoever- are still very concerned that all covenants are adhered to and the character of the estate preserved. I am unable, however, to locate a suitable website or address for whoever is responsible
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Property Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 5 months ago.

What exactly is it that you want to know about this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please discontinue and remove my details from future e-mails etc. I shall soon be discussing the matter with a friend who is a solicitor-advocate and has a wide-ranging knowledge over several types of legal matters. Sorry to take up your time

No worries. I hope you get it sorted. Best wishes