Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law

The local authority searches showed no restriction on

Customer Question

The local authority searches showed no restriction on permitted development rights, but now after purchasing a new build home the council are insisting permitted development rights A to H are restricted by planning awarded to the developer. (Cotswold County Council)
JA: The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet...
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Property Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Property Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: The Search was made on 09-April-2014 by TM Search Choice Ltd Swindon prior to the purchase of 6 Jubilee Mews, Andoversford GL54 4AZ in June that year. In the section Notices, Orders, Directions and Proceedings under Planning Acts Cotswold Council replied to (j) a direction restricting permitted development; NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Property Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 months ago.

Was the search carried out by the local authority or by a personal search company?

Have you raised the issue with the solicitors that acted on the purchase?

As much background detail as possible is really useful please.

I may not get back to you until Tuesday because obviously, it is the bank holiday weekend I will not be online regularly. I apologise for any inconvenience.