Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law

Pearl JA: The Property Lawyer will need to help you with

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: WE are currently selling our property and have found out there are two restrictions in my name and not my husbands on the house.They are bank loans from 2007 but the restrictions were deault with in the court 2011.I took out insurance on the loans and thought they were covered.I was only made aware of the restrictions when my conveyancer alert me to them last week.
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: we have a buyer for the house but cannot sell until these are dealt with.The loans were taken out in 2007 I have had no contact with them as I thought they were covered under the insurance.
JA: Is there anything else the Property Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.I have another restriction in both are names for council tax arrears but I have the final redemption and am happy to pay that.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Property Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 5 months ago.