Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law

Small business rates relief JA: The Property Lawyer will

Customer Question

small business rates relief
JA: The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Property Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a small business at a rented shop as a sole trader and claim sbrr and I am a director of a seperate small limited business which rents one shop which also claims so I wanted to confirm that as they are separate business that it's ok to claim sbrr
JA: Is there anything else the Property Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Property Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 months ago.
What are the two businesses?How close together are they?Are you a sole proprietor of one and director/shareholder of the other?Has the issue been raised by the rating department?As much background detail as possible is really useful please. Thank you....................
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, one is a hair and beauty salon turnover approx 60k I am the sole proprietorThe other is a hair salon turnover approx 70k I am a director as its a limited companyBoth are completely separate business approx 3 miles apart
No issue has been raised by rating department
Expert:  Stuart J replied 5 months ago.
Thank you.On the face of it, these are separate businesses but it may be that the local authority would treat them as connected even though you are a sole proprietor of one and a director of the other.I’m therefore going to opt out of this for another expert who may have more in-depth knowledge of this for you.Kind regards
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, has a new solicitor been appointed.Regards