Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Small business rates relief JA: The Property Lawyer will

Customer Question

small business rates relief
JA: The Property Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Property Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a small business at a rented shop as a sole trader and claim sbrr and I am a director of a seperate small limited business which rents one shop which also claims so I wanted to confirm that as they are separate business that it's ok to claim sbrr
JA: Is there anything else the Property Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Property Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 10 months ago.
What are the two businesses?How close together are they?Are you a sole proprietor of one and director/shareholder of the other?Has the issue been raised by the rating department?As much background detail as possible is really useful please. Thank you....................
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, one is a hair and beauty salon turnover approx 60k I am the sole proprietorThe other is a hair salon turnover approx 70k I am a director as its a limited companyBoth are completely separate business approx 3 miles apart
No issue has been raised by rating department
Thank you.On the face of it, these are separate businesses but it may be that the local authority would treat them as connected even though you are a sole proprietor of one and a director of the other.I’m therefore going to opt out of this for another expert who may have more in-depth knowledge of this for you.Kind regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, has a new solicitor been appointed.Regards