Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Property Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law

My ex is selling our house, we are not on good terms. The house

Customer Question

My ex is selling our house, we are not on good terms. The house is now in profit - I want to sell too. He's asked me to consent to the sale via solicitor, but before I consent how can I know he has to pay me half of the profit, as is my right? I am worried he's going to try and swindle me... I can't afford legal advice. Here's hoping someone can help.
Category: UK Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.
HiThank you you of your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further details firstWhich part of the Uk are you in?How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?